The smell of hot chocolate is one of the best desserts in the world. It’s a comforting blend of chocolate and milk that can instantly make you feel happy. While you may think it’s hard to make your own hot chocolate homemade, it’s actually quite simple.
If you’re looking for a hot chocolate recipe that’s quick and easy, look no further than this creamy hot chocolate. It’s ready in minutes and is sure to delight the whole family.
It can be ready in minutes, and it has all the nutrition value recommended by dieticians. It will reduce the expenses of a traditional hot chocolate we buy generally outside.
It’s creamy, delicious, and ready in minutes. You can customize it to your exact taste preferences—and you don’t have to worry about any artificial ingredients or preservatives.
It’s great for those who are lactose intolerant but still want to have a warm drink on a cold day. It’s also perfect for people who don’t have time to run around town looking for their favorite brand of hot cocoa. You can make this at home in one minute, and have it ready to drink while you watch your favorite movie!
Here is a recipe and instructions for making your own basic hot chocolate mix:
Ingredients You’ll need for Hot Chocolate
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk, water or cream (whichever you prefer)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate chips)
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
The cocoa powder adds the Unique hot cocoa aroma and rich chocolaty taste.
1 teaspoon sugar, or to taste
In this recipe, I suggest using a teaspoon of sugar per mug. You can add or subtract based on your personal taste, but if you’re trying to cut down on sugar in your diet, this is one way to do that. Brown sugar works well and has a slightly more complex flavor than regular white sugar (especially brown muscovado), while honey and maple syrup are good options as well; however, they can also be substituted with any other sweetener or liquid sweetener (such as agave nectar) if desired. If you want to make the hot chocolate extra rich, consider adding a pinch of salt!
1 small pinch salt
When we think of salt, our minds automatically wander to the oceans and seas. But this mineral is actually found in many other places—including your kitchen. Salt is a natural preservative and helps to cut the sweetness of cocoa powder in hot chocolate recipes. This essential mineral can also be a good source of sodium, which helps to regulate blood pressure; plus, it’s an excellent source of potassium, which maintains electrolyte balance in the body.
- Don’t use skim milk—the fat content helps keep the drink rich and become milky hot chocolate as it cools.
- Don’t use half-and-half (a mixture of equal parts whole milk and cream). It’s too thick for our purposes here; try using whole milk instead! Or even just 2% will work fine too 🙂
1/4 cup chocolate chips (dark chocolate chips recommended)
chocolate chips melt into the mixture making this drink extra creamy, tasty and luxurious.
Recipe or How Hot Chocolate is Made?
- Use milk that is at room temperature. Milk straight from the fridge will curdle when heated and become impossible to drink.
- Use a saucepan or small pot over medium-low heat, not a microwave or electric kettle or any hot chocolate machine, because it takes longer for water to heat up than milk does, which can result in scorching if you’re using an electric appliance.
- Whisk in cocoa powder to have unique hot cocoa flavor and sugar into the milk, and heat until warm.
- As the milk become warm, add chocolate chips, stir until they melt into the milk.
Serve Hot Chocolate with Marshmallow or dressed with your favorite garnishes
This is a simple homemade hot chocolate with cocoa powder recipe. It’s made with cocoa powder, sugar and milk. You can add other ingredients such as cinnamon or vanilla or cookies to give it more flavor and taste. Don’t forget to serve it instantly and also you can top it with your favorite garnishes like- Marshmallow, crushed candy cane, etc. to have best hot chocolate design along with the best taste.
This homemade hot chocolate is simple to make and tastes amazing! Hot chocolate is not just something that tastes good, though—it’s also good for you. It contains antioxidants, which help fight cancer and keep your heart healthy. It also contains magnesium, which helps with muscle relaxation and sleep quality. And, last but certainly not least, it contains milk, which has been shown to help you feel fuller longer, so you won’t overeat later in the day! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.